VIVA Charity Foundation. Doctors and Volunteers for Armenia
VIVA is about well-being! VIVA is about life!
VIVA was founded on April 7, 2016 in the result of the four-day war in the Artsakh Republic. Already on the fourth day of the war VIVA was delivering medical supplies and equipment, including ambulances, to Artsakh.
Our main mission is to provide hospitals in Armenia and Artsakh with the necessary medical equipment and supplies. The Fund was registered as a non-profit organization in Armenia in 2017.
Transparency and openness are the fundamental principles of VIVA. All the reports are published on our facebook page.
By 2018 VIVA had provided aid in the amount of 7, 973, 690.70 rubles. Medical equipment and supplies in the amount of 3,000,000 rubles had been donated to the Fund.
Our first priority is medicine – enhancing the quality and accessibility of the medical care by:
- Improving hospitals equipment.
- Providing free consultations and operations.
- Fundraising for sick children and adults from socially disadvantaged groups.
- Internships for Armenian doctors in Russia.
- Bank of donor bone marrow of Armenians.
- Procurement of an ambulance car for Stepanakert Ambulance Station.
- Equipment of blood transfusion station in Artsakh, which serviced 1,525 donors from 2017 to 2018.
- Equipment of surgery, emergency and diagnostics departments in Artsakh hospitals, including the only oncological center in the Republic.
- Equipment of the Military Rehabilitation Center in Yerevan.
- Provision with medical supplies of the Military Rehabilitation Center in Yerevan, military hospitals and medical institutions of Artsakh.
- Funding operations and treatments for children and adults from low-income families.
In 2018 six doctors from Armenia completed internships in medical institutions in Russia. On a regular basis we provide the State Medical Library with up-to-date literature.
20 % of the Fund’s activity are social projects such as:
- Projects aimed at helping people to get self-employed – “Farmyard”, “Blagochai”, “Raspberry”.
- New Year Events – “A letter to Santa Claus”, “Christmas basket”.
- Clothes distribution to socially disadvantaged families twice a year.
VIVA Team are doctors and volunteers contributing to the great cause – assisting Armenia!